Sage is about building bridges to knowledge and content is the primary product Sage sells to achieve this imperative. This role is all about the strategy and execution of the systems that store published content at Sage. The content systems at SAGE ensure the long-term continuity of Sage content; implement automation to ensure content is fit-for-purpose on Sage platforms; and distributes content to partners as needed to drive revenue and content discoverability. The position reports to the AVP, Technology and is a member of the Technology Senior Management Group (TSMG).
The key accountabilities for this role are to:
· Own the strategic vision and growth of content systems, aligning current delivery needs with the long-term strategy of SAGE business stakeholders.
· Manage a broad and deep technology ecosystem responsible for securing and delivering Sage content assets to revenue-generating platforms, discovery vendors and information providers.
· Drive the successful execution of Sage content systems. This entails spearheading the development roadmaps for existing content systems, strategically prioritizing roadmap projects through collaborative consultations with business stakeholders, and actively securing and advocating for essential resources.
· Ensure business benefit and the value of outcomes offer good return on the investment made and are in line with cost of delivery.
· Develop and build relationships with key members of other core business functions and Technology teams, influencing senior stakeholders to adapt to new methods and approaches.
· Collaborate with senior business stakeholders to solve business problems and identify opportunities.
· Create and communicate critical to quality (CTQ) metrics to analyze and improve team and system performance with CTQ metrics.
· Recommend strategic direction of content management at Sage.
· Build and cultivate vendor relationships to promote reliability and cost-efficiency of services, flexibility, innovation, long-term partnerships, and access to industry expertise.
· As a senior leader in Technology, approve and advance the Technology strategy to ensure department is delivering optimal value to Sage.
· Solicit and interpret Voice of the Customer to ensure alignment to customer needs.
· Lead, mentor and coach a high-performing, motivated team of highly skilled managers and engineers that deliver on the vision, strategic goals, and roadmaps for content management systems.
· Innovate with new technologies and tools to meet changing business needs, improve content quality and integrity, and automate processes.
· Advocate for efficient business processes through the Sage Lean methodologies and continuous improvement.
· Collaborate with other Technology leaders on major initiatives, including cross-roadmap, cross-product, and cross-platform initiatives, to drive alignment, effectiveness, and optimal solutions.
· Provide subject matter expertise across Sage including senior Technology leadership, keeping up to date on the latest trends and advancements that bring value to Sage.
· Represent Sage through presentations at industry conferences.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
Experience running and/or leading strategy and vision for content management systems.
· Validated capability in developing and presenting a product vision to team and business collaborators.
· Experience driving team innovation and high-reaching approaches.
· Ability to lead a diverse and distributed team, work independently, and within a team-oriented environment.
· XML encoded content experience and the benefits and challenges of an XML-early publishing workflow.
· Preferred proficiency with major database platforms (MarkLogic and SQL Server), CMS applications (RSuite), and business process management technologies.
· Eagerness and ability to learn new skills, technologies, methods and procedures quickly and effectively.
· Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of business and technology team members.
· Experience leading, mentoring, and developing teams.
· Experience in agile/scrum software product development, developing products through cross-functional teams and delivery through distributed, cross-functional teams.
· Excellent organization, research and, balance and reconcile information, and search for and find the source of errors and anomalies in information.
· Excellent leadership skills, influencing by persuasion and influence rather than authority in pressurized situations and without direct mentorship.
· Excellent interpersonal, project management, planning and time management skills.
· Great communicator, comfortable talking to people both 1-1 and in front of a group.
· Commercially focused, driven to help achieve company objectives.
· Proactive and able to Lead efforts to define new processes, incorporating feedback from customers and external learning.
Pay Transparency & Benefits Package:
Sage Publishing is committed to being an inclusive employer where all individuals are treated with fairness and respect. Sage is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Compensation at Sage is influenced by several factors, including but not limited to skill set, nature and level of experience, qualifications, and other relevant considerations. Please note that the compensation details listed in U.S. role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include bonuses or benefits. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range and additional aspects of the compensation/benefits package for this position during the hiring process. If your desired salary falls outside of this range, we hope you'll still apply as there may be other positions that better align.
In addition to compensation, Sage offers a highly competitive and comprehensive PPO medical, dental, and vision care benefits package with SAGE covering most of the premium costs. Unique program benefits that support a healthy life, a company-sponsored anniversary trip every 5 years, a 401(k)-matching program of 100% up to 5% of pay, and other significant meaningful benefits. In alignment with our value for education, Sage offers financial support for bachelor's and graduate-level degree programs as well as learning for personal interest.
Sage offers freedom and autonomy in your day-to-day with hybrid or remote work, depending on the role. Join the nearly 2,000 Sage employees worldwide who deliver products and services that serve to fulfill our noble goal of education and dissemination of knowledge globally. We’d love to meet you!
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Sage Publishing is committed to being an inclusive employer where all individuals are treated with fairness and respect, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and partnership status, pregnancy and parental responsibilities, race, religion and belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
We believe that diversity is a cornerstone of a vibrant culture. We want Sage to be an organization where the most talented staff and high-potential staff are recruited, have the opportunity to grow, and want to work. We strive to achieve a better representation of diverse talent at all levels, including leadership, across our workforce.