The Client Engagement Manager’s focus will be to maintain and support relationships with current clients within a given territory, providing stellar customer service to ensure long-term client satisfaction, and creating upsell and cross-selling opportunities. The Client Engagement Manager partners with a Professional Learning Advisor, and is responsible for supporting, planning, contracting and executing sales of Corwin products and consulting services in a timely fashion. These products and services include publications, on-site professional learning, online products, and conferences and institutes.
A Client Engagement Manager’s external clients include school administrators, principals, regional associations, and other professional development institutions. Internal clients include Corwin’s Author Consultants and Professional Learning Advisors. The Client Engagement Manager demonstrates expertise in content and technical areas and applies in-depth knowledge to manage the fulfillment of increasingly complex sales projects, assignments, and tasks with the ultimate goal of increasing revenue. Client Engagement Managers are responsible for sales-associated tasks within a dedicated territory, assigned to them by Corwin Sales management. Additionally, they are responsible for special projects and assignments to benefit the success of the Corwin Sales Team, including coverage for other CEMs in their absence, completing call campaigns, and product champion assignments.
The Client Engagement Manager role is, above all else, the role that keeps each territory organized and on track. This position requires top notch organization skills to ensure nothing falls through the cracks, and someone with the ability to prioritize responsibilities and keep track of many moving pieces would be a good fit for this role. It is first and foremost a sales support and project management role, as this position supports the Professional Learning Advisor in each territory who is responsible for direct sales.
Fulfillment and Organizational Activity
- Fully execute the complete contract process including negotiations, approvals, signatures
- Gather and provide billing and logistical information to all the appropriate departments
- Lead collaborative meetings with internal and external clients
- Manage and maintain up-to-date client records and required activities in customer database, tracking each step in the sales process in the CRM system including client contracting, consultant contracting, pre-event planning and post-event follow up
- Manage the events process to include webinars, client meeting scheduling, and client dinners
- Fulfill strategic sample copy requests for potential book buyers
- Assist with virtual professional development activities including preparation for webinars
- Manage book business in territory including quoting, pipeline management, and fulfilling book orders
- Generate leads, subsequent opportunities, and sales from phone campaigns, tradeshow attendance, meetings, institute attendees, book buyers, etc.
- Assist with completion of RFPs (Requests for Proposal) and proposal writing process
- Attend and participate in sales meetings
- Keep current with new Corwin product and services information
- Build deep, long-term relationships with existing clients; understand their business needs on a consistent basis
- Participate in market research / strategic planning with Professional Learning Advisor
- Own the evaluation process, share what’s learned with internal stakeholders
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three years’ experience in sales, project management, customer service, and/or publishing preferred
- Ability to travel (3-5x per year) required
- Experience with software programs such as the Microsoft Office suite, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 or other CRM required
- Familiarity with Zoom and Microsoft Teams preferable
- Knowledge of the K-12 education market highly desirable
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work in high growth, fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and delegate
- Demonstrated excellence in working with others
If you have a disability and you need any support during the application process, please contact Lara.Weeks@sagepub.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Pay Transparency & Benefits Package:
Sage Publishing is committed to being an inclusive employer where all individuals are treated with fairness and respect. Sage is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Compensation at Sage is influenced by several factors, including but not limited to skill set, nature and level of experience, qualifications, and other relevant considerations. Please note that the compensation details listed in U.S. role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include bonuses or benefits. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range and additional aspects of the compensation/benefits package for this position during the hiring process. If your desired salary falls outside of this range, we hope you'll still apply as there may be other positions that better align.
In addition to compensation, Sage offers a highly competitive and comprehensive PPO medical, dental, and vision care benefits package with SAGE covering most of the premium costs. Unique program benefits that support a healthy life, a company-sponsored anniversary trip every 5 years, a 401(k)-matching program of 100% up to 5% of pay, and other significant meaningful benefits. In alignment with our value for education, Sage offers financial support for bachelor's and graduate-level degree programs as well as learning for personal interest.
Sage offers freedom and autonomy in your day-to-day with hybrid or remote work, depending on the role. Join the nearly 2,000 Sage employees worldwide who deliver products and services that serve to fulfill our noble goal of education and dissemination of knowledge globally. We’d love to meet you!
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Sage we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that is representative of all sections of society and to sustaining a culture that celebrates difference, encourages authenticity, and creates a deep sense of belonging. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organization with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.