The Expense Reimbursements & Payroll Processor provides critical internal customer service for all business units. This role performs all tasks necessary to accomplish the timely and accurate processing of employee expense claims and ensures adherence with global and local guidelines. This role will also provide valuable backup support when needed to ensure business continuity for the bi-weekly payroll. The activities also support general ledger management, period-end closing, and payment processing on a current and timely basis as needed.
- Administer the usage of the expense reporting tool through new account setup, user support, timely expense report processing and card account payment
- Perform routine audits of submitted expense reports
- Be responsible for the weekly data uploads from the expense reporting tool to the finance system
- Negotiate and manage annual corporate rates for hotels and other travel-related contracts
- Provide end user support with expense reporting issues submitted through the ticketing system
- Issue corporate cards to new staff, assess timely payment of card accounts, manage delinquencies through communications with staff and managers
- Responsible for the VAT reclamation process through managing documentation needs of third-party vendor support
- Provide backup support in the accurate and timely processing of payroll for US and Canada
- Update the payroll system for Employee Change Notices (ECN’s) submitted by HR
- Complete new employee setups and ensure data quality in the payroll system
- Protect the confidentiality of employee data and transaction details
- Ensure quality execution and compliance of Service Level Agreements by maintaining strong partnership with internal customers and other departments with whom Accounting has critical dependencies
- Seek continuous process improvement opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide ad hoc support globally to Finance and Human Resources executives
- SAP Concur Expense and Travel experience
- Competency to provide excellent customer service to cross-functional team members
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-conscious environment with constantly evolving priorities and achieve high quality output and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
LANGUAGE SKILLS, REASONING ABILITY AND ANALYTICAL PROFICIENCY
- Excellent customer service aptitude
- Ability to coordinate information in an effective and detailed manner
- Ability to manage time to meet deadlines and work professionally under pressure
- Ability to manage complex projects over an extended time frame
- Ability to identify confidential data and maintain its privacy
- Ability to participate effectively in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to reason and problem solve
- Ability to express ideas concisely and timely
- Effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
Pay Transparency & Benefits Package:
Sage Publishing is committed to being an inclusive employer where all individuals are treated with fairness and respect. Sage is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Compensation at Sage is influenced by several factors, including but not limited to skill set, nature and level of experience, qualifications, and other relevant considerations. Please note that the compensation details listed in U.S. role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include bonuses or benefits. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range and additional aspects of the compensation/benefits package for this position during the hiring process. If your desired salary falls outside of this range, we hope you'll still apply as there may be other positions that better align.
In addition to compensation, Sage offers a highly competitive and comprehensive PPO medical, dental, and vision care benefits package with SAGE covering most of the premium costs. Unique program benefits that support a healthy life, a company-sponsored anniversary trip every 5 years, a 401(k)-matching program of 100% up to 5% of pay, and other significant meaningful benefits. In alignment with our value for education, Sage offers financial support for bachelor's and graduate-level degree programs as well as learning for personal interest.
Sage offers freedom and autonomy in your day-to-day with hybrid or remote work, depending on the role. Join the nearly 2,000 Sage employees worldwide who deliver products and services that serve to fulfill our noble goal of education and dissemination of knowledge globally. We’d love to meet you! Due to the confidential nature of this role, relatives
of current Sage employees are not eligible to apply.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Sage we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that is representative of all sections of society and to sustaining a culture that celebrates difference, encourages authenticity, and creates a deep sense of belonging. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organization with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.